Causes of Neck Pain
The anatomy of the cervical spine is a marvelous construct that houses and protects the delicate spinal cord, provides support for the head, and allows for a high degree of mobility and range of motion. But the same engineering that allows this area of the spine to be so flexible also leaves it vulnerable to injury.
Triggers for the onset of neck muscle strain can be traced to several common activities that strain the neck anatomy, such as:
- Too much time in an awkward position, such as hunched over a steering wheel while driving, hunched forward to view a computer monitor, or cradling a phone in the crook of the neck
- Sleeping in a position that strains the neck, such as with a pillow that is too high or too firm
- Carrying a heavy suitcase or other object on one side of the body
- Any form of trauma that impacts the neck, such as from whiplash in a car accident, or from a fall in which one lands on the top of the head
“When I first visited Reid Physicians Group, I had limited range of motion in my neck and had lost most use of my left arm due to pain and numbness. It affected my sleep, work and personal life on a daily basis.
By my second evaluation, I had regained 70% of my neck motion and only experienced limited numbness in my left arm. We are on the way to a full recovery, but I smile a lot more when I come in for my appointments.” K.B. Jacksonville, FL.
Neck Pain Treatment
There are many treatments for neck pain. What works for someone else may not help you. Reid Physicians Group will work with you to find what is best for you.
Treatment for neck pain is based on:
- The severity of your symptoms.
- How much your symptoms prevent you from doing your daily tasks.
- How well other treatments have worked.
Some of the therapies Reid Physicians Group may use in treating your neck pain includes:
- Trigger point therapy
- Chiropractic Care
- Massage Therapy
- Physical Rehabilitation
- and more
If you are in pain, we want to help you get your life back. Call our office for a FREE consultation today!Contact Us